Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sneeuw is Warm*


Last time I was ill I discovered the fabulous Makka Pakka. This week I've been ill again (bugger) and I watched a lot of tv. And lucky me, one of our digital channels Holland Doc broadcasted all the work of writer/televisionmaker Jelle Brandt Corstius. A beautiful journey through Russia. From Moscow all the way to the most deserted parts of that very large country I know so little about.


He interviews a lot of people about the most crazy things. About living in Moscow when you don't look russian. About the corrupt government. About the gulags in Siberia. About rocket-launches and parts of the rocket falling down on villages. Every minute of these documentaries is interesting and I really enjoy being ill and watch them! Jelle Brandt Corstius is my hero of the month!



*) sneeuw is warm = snow is warm. In Siberia, with those freezing temperatures people know it's warm when it's snowing. Temperatures rizing from -25C to only -10C.

No comments: