Monday, January 12, 2009

Lac Superieur Residence



I really love the simplicity, clarity and openness of this house. While this is yet another house of stacked boxes, I find it different because of its location, surrounded by trees, high in the hills of Quebec, Canada. Locals, used to a more traditional ski chalet in this popular ski resort area, refer to the building as the cube.
The house was designed by canadian architects Saucier + Perrotte and won the Canadian Architect magazine’s Award of Excellence in 2004.















5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! The setting's gorgeous!
I'm not a big fan of the whole 'toilet-in-same-space-as-bedroom' idea, but other than that.. stunning!

daan said...

That's what I loved about this house. I am a big fan of a house without doors... everything should be connected for me.
But I undersand the thought you have... I think I will crawl under my pillow as well in the morning....

The Pansy Bastard™ said...

The inside is very nice, although I would add just a few walls, BUT the outside is just hideous.

Unknown said...

Whaooo !!! It's the sleeping beauty castle ? Where is Prince charming ?. Kiss

Unknown said...

Whaooo !!! It's the sleeping beauty castle ? Where Charming ?. Kiss