Monday, June 16, 2008

This Used to be My Playground



One of my earliest childhood memories: all the kids in the street gathering in our garden while my father chose a chicken from the ones we had walking around. He chopped the head off and released her in the garden and she started running around like a headless chicken.
He didn't do this for our entertainment, although I think he really enjoyed the looks on our faces. No, he slaughtered them and put them in the freezer to eat.
This photograph by belgian photographer Koen Demuynck really brought back that sweet little childhood memory.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet little childhood memory? Sounds like the equivalent of killing Bambi....

Eran Evan said...

Wow - If this is a sweet childhood memory - please share some of your childhood traumas with me...

daan said...

I've already shared some of them on here. Clowns! And somewhere this week I'll post the picture that started it all!