Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Why So Sad?


This picture (made by Arjan) embodies almost everything I hate about "gay-exclusive" festivities into one image. It was taken yesterday at "Roze Maandag" (Pink Monday) on a fair in Tilburg, The Netherlands. I didn't attend, as expected...

Okay, the guy can't help it he is captured with his face looking like that, but the wings, the white clothes, the big sticker from a popular dutch gay website... it's all so sad. Maybe it's even more sad because he's walking there alone. And well, the face makes it a bit more sad than neccesary as well, have to admit that...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't like these gayfestivals either. Not that people may not have fun like this. But when people at work or whatever ask me "should'nt you go to Pink Monday?" I always say "I have as much in common with gay people as with brown-haired people or people that can roll up their tongue." I do not see it as a subclture or something, allthough there are some aspects that gay people have in common.

This photo is a great way to show the feeling I have too when I think of it. It's a bit sad atmosphere, wrapped in a so-called happy package to make it even worse.