Thursday, September 10, 2009

24+ against 1

Anonymous said:
I took the liberty to perform a root-cause-analysis on your decision to end your blog. Conclusions were easily drawn. 1st: It sucks not having your blog around. Secondly: how am I going to keep track of you? Last but not least: click on your 'personal' tag and read the multitude of comments of your readers.

I for one could do without the famous model posts and want to have a sneak-peek into your life, it's a bit voyeuristic and that I thrive on, so appear to do the majority of all the visitors with whom you seem to have pleasant conversations.

Concluding: what if you blog a bit more about you and your pink dogs, stuffed animals, your cats, your stunningly handsome boyfriend, your stunningly beautiful sister, whatever muses you, and just throw in a tasteful nude every once in a while rather than ever so often? It may be a bit more rewarding that way, if acknowledgement is what you need to keep the boat rocking, although I think it's not your ulterior motive. You are created to share beauty, so by all means, share! I do not seem to be a lone soul in my ponderings, given the fact that the virtual tears shed here can fill a bassin. Why not take the above into consideration?

Love, Godspeed and wise decisions lay ahead.

XOXO
September 8, 2009 2:25 AM



I really thought this comment was written by Peter, since it just summed up all the things I said to him the night before this was posted. But it wasn't Peter, the writer will remain anonymous, although I have the feeling it must be a regular on here that really knows me.

I ended this blog abrubtly last weekend for all the reasons written in the above statement. I felt more and more anonymous in the blogger-community. My blog became more and more a shallow blog on male beauty and I really didn't bother anymore. Sure, I like my beautiful hunks, but it wasn't rewarding anymore, since most of my post were done simultaniously by other blogs.

So I gave it some thought and I will continue. But in a different direction. More Peter, Nel and me. More games. More design. More Madonna. But most of all, a more relaxed blog, which doesn't have to live up to the 30+ posts a week. I decided to stop blogging for the lack of comments. But who can blame my readers? Why comment on all these hunks you see everywhere else?

First things first; gonna make a new logo tomorrow and maybe I'll change the looks of my blog. I don't wanna open another one. These 2491 posts I did in the last 1,5 years became way too important to me.

So check back soon for more Zephyr-Files. And sorry to all the 24 people who I scared the hell out on here plus all the concerned Facebook people.

Daan

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is wonderful news!

atta girl!

ennalegov said...

........ no more of me????













.......feeling small....

Anonymous said...

Yay for us!!

Cliff said...

Will mis the hunks, but more of Daan in person is more interesting :) Succes X

daan said...

... and more of enna... *sigh*

Oh and Cliff; the hunks will never completely disappear.

queer heaven said...

What a wonderful way to wake up this morning& find out you are going to continue to blog. I look forward to the new style.

Yvonne said...

Yay! I didn't leave a comment on the goodbye-blogpost, as I figured I could just ask you in person for a much better analysis :)
I want to assure you I do read all of your posts, but I don't reply to all of them.. but I would've been one sad, sad panda if you had stopped blogging. I love reading and watching your pictures. So I'm very happy you've decided to stay, and I would love to read more about you and your loved ones :)

XicodeCadoro said...

Oh Goodie !!!

Tonnya said...

I've been checking back religiously since the abrupt stop hoping you'd change your mind...and I have to say I'm BEYOND thrilled you're back!!

xo, TJ

J@v@JuNKo said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! i knew my threats and blackmail would pan out! more you, more Peter! Madonna! OMG what a Ray Of Light!! can't wait for more of the Zephyr Files 2.0!!! you're sooo lucky i didn't erase you from my blogroll buddy lol...

Unknown said...

Ouf !!! More of Daan... I like. Kisss Daan.

The Pansy Bastard™ said...

YAY!!!!! I would like to offer a giant hug to that anonymous reader who helped you re-think your decision!

I rarely see things you post posted on other blogs, so for me, it was(is) 99,999% new. And I LOVE your photos, Name That Tune, the Where's Willem(even though I am rarely right), and of course, Enna! We must have more Enna!

I am often a lurker, which must be the case for a number of your regular visitors.

I've droned on long enough - I'm sure you are feeling the love from your fans.

PS: LOVE the new banner!!