Sunday, October 3, 2010

Let's Go Outside


What a lovely day! Sunny, warm and probably what the people in New Hampshire call Indian Summer. I had a great long walk in one of our beautiful National Forests. The Veluwe is just north of Arnhem and easy to acces from my city.

Sandy dunes, humid forests and a lot of mushrooms. And moss. And a snake. A what? Yes, a snake! I almost stepped on a 5' tall snake who then hissed at me and crawled into the bushes. I think I looked very stupid when I jumped the other way, because a couple who walked there as well asked me if everything was alright. I was alright and the snake was alright as well.

Never saw a snake in the Netherlands before, that might be the reason why I jumped away instead of focusing my iXus on it. Stupid me!

Finished my day in my mom's garden who just returned from a great vacation in France with a nice cup of tea (after saying NO three times to a glass of wine).







8 comments:

ennalegov said...

:-) Would be nice and funny: you seeing a snake in Holland and Peter none in Down Under :-P

J@v@JuNKo said...

eeeeeew mushrooms! lol! Looks like a beautiful well spent day!!! Sandy dunes??? in Dutchtopia? who knew!

J@v@JuNKo said...

AND A SNAKE???? maybe it's just visiting....

daan said...

I messaged Peter right away, asking if he spotted any spiders yet.

Sandy dunes, just north of me. And snakes as well. Not visiting. Living there. Brrrrr, maybe they invade town one day!

J@v@JuNKo said...

did you know Manitoba has a desert! Love the miniature worlds you visited!!

Tonnya said...

Love the mushroom photos. And jealous of such a lovely day!

daan said...

I just noticed the miniature himalaya that I call my neck... what happened there????

daan said...

Well Tonnya, you have half naked guys running around on campus. I'll trade them with mushrooms any moment of the day!