Thursday, March 1, 2012

Supergreen



So my city wants to be greener. Good job! I love green cities! Ofcourse my city is known for its many parks. but these days the roofs of our flat governmental buildings are also being turned into gardens to clean the air and isolate in a natural way.

On these pictures we see another green building. The building next to ours. Green in a totally different way. Because of the lacking of sunshine on one side the walls and balconies turned green with mosses. Looks bad from a distance, but so beautiful in close-up!



3 comments:

Writer said...

It is lovely. But it isn't good for the building. I doubt it could pull the building down like ivy could, but I imagine that the moss could eat away at the would and the mortar between bricks.

I'd love to have a garden roof though. :)

daan said...

Yeah, I think it's very bad for the buildings. I've been living here now for a year and it never got cleaned. The building itself is 7 years old.

I just enjoy the beauty of it :)

J@v@JuNKo said...

I'm green with envy at your beautiful green!!