Wednesday, June 25, 2008

On a Night Like This



Oh what a circus, oh what a show! Last monday we went to see Kylie in Rotterdam. Parand, Peter and myself met some other friends and had dinner together and very apart. On our way to the venue we met a lot of people who were also joining the concert. Some well known, others known for a very long time and never seen in real.







It really was an amazing show. The opening was very strong and although I didn't like the first set of songs as much as I liked her previous concerts she really amazed me with the second set, completely in Cheerleader-style.
After a cheesy but fun Loveboat set (she really knows her audience, so a lot of Pierre & Gilles-like sailors) she gave me the surprise of the evening. The song Slow was always just a nice song on the album, but this new powerfull version blew me away!



After a 15 minute break (unusual for a concert but made sense in a way) she gave us her Geisha-set. A lot of images and acts we've seen at Madonna concerts in the past, but still fresh and very Kylie. Nu-di-ty was really beautiful with those modern japanese backgrounds.



She gave us a beautiful and well received encore and then 2.5 hours later the show was over and I had no sweat in my body left. Every drop was released from the top of my head.
Parand took these pictures with his very small Ixus. For me a reason to buy one as well, just as a simple, but powerfull compactcamera. Everyone who joined us that night; a big thank you! It was really a very good night!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn! I wanna make pictures like that with my Ixus! I'm gonna try it next time I visit a concert one more time.