Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Dear Children of China



Dear children of China,

I know you all suffer from child labour and poverty and stuff, and that your government isn't doing much to change your situation, but recently I bought this coat at H&M (do you have that as well in China? I think so, they're everywhere nowadays!).

My complaint is the button. It's loose! I pay € 49,00 for a coat and one button is loose! Haven't you guys learned how to sew? You're sewing since you're 7 years old! Time to get the job done correctly!

I don't expect you to come over and fix my button (that would be a bit political incorrect) so I am forwarding this mail to your government and ask if they can create some kind of sewing course starting at age 5, so you will be experts on sewing when you turn 7 and start working.

Have a good day at work today!


Daan

edit: silly me, because of all the work you don't have time to learn english, so let me translate:

中國的亲爱的孩子, 我知道您全部遭受童工和貧窮和材料,并且您的政府不做着改變您的情況,但是我最近買了這件外套在H& M (您是否在中國有那? 我認為如此,他們現今在到處!)。 我的怨言是按鈕。 它是寬鬆的! 我支付€ 49,00外套,并且一個按鈕是寬鬆的! 你們學會了如何縫合? 因为您是7歲,您縫合! 时刻完成工作恰當地! 我不盼望您过来和修理有点儿政治不正確的)的我的按鈕(因此我寄這郵件给您的政府和问他們是否可以創造縫合的路線开始在年齡5的,因此您將是關於縫合的專家,当您轉動7并且开始工作时。 今天有一個早晨好在工作! Daan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

a kind reminder, don't ever use google translator or other counterparts again if you want others make sense of your words.

---by a chinese child( if being 20 years old is still in one's childhood)

daan said...

I am very aware of that. I used Babel Fish, the same translator that screwed up Madonna's Sorry a few years back ;)

And in this case I could not check anything except for H&M, because my chinese is non-existent...

J@v@JuNKo said...

clothes quality has gone to shits I've noticed. Not only loose or lost buttons, but stitching coming loose or other pieces coming off! i feel your frustration...

daan said...

@JavaJunkie: trust me: Happy Summer Sewing Camps would be great in China:)

ennalegov said...

:-)
I do love you and your sence of humor.
:-)