Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Forget the Film, Watch the Titles

Forget the Film, Watch the Titles is a brandnew website dedicated to title sequences. They already built up a collection of 103 movies and tv-shows from over the years with impressive opening titles.

There are a few of my favourites there, but also a lot of them missing. I really loved the titles from Dawn of the Death (2004 remake) with the great song by Johnny Cash and the very raw images (watch the video here).



I also miss the opening credits from The Shining (original Stanley Kubrick version ofcourse), the most scary movie I have ever seen. The opening credits alone give me the shivers. Must be the desolate landscape of the Rockies together with the fantastic music. But maybe it's just a personal favourite and doesn't belong in the list on that website.

2 comments:

Paul Pincus said...

great weblog. cheers.

ps alex da corte is brilliant, no?!

daan said...

Thanks Paul!

Your blog is incredible! Definately worth a link!

I came across Alex da Corte's work last week and I really fell in love with it. Exactly what I like in photography! Rawness.