Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Barcode



57 years ago the barcode as we know it was invented (you probably were aware already if you used google today). It wasn't untill 1974 before it was used, so basically the barcode turned 35 today! I am only a few weeks younger than the barcode. I will turn 35 in november. Maybe that explains my fascination for the barcode. I used it a lot in my graphic designs and did a presentation about the barcode and how you can use it into design when I was studying.

I also wanted a barcode as a tattoo for years. But then I find out that a) it became a little tacky and b) I was told by a tattoo artist that it is one of the most difficult tattoos to do. Instead of the steady tattoo I bought myself a stamp-tattoo some years ago on the FAMOUS french night market in Piégros-la-Clastre.

1 comment:

rp said...

You can make barcodes look great in design indeed. A stamp as a tattoo sounds cool too by the way!