Wednesday, October 14, 2009

On the Cover of a Magazine




A beautiful classic picture of Madonna by Herb Ritts graces the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine (issue 1090, October 29th). Inside there's a new interview and here are some highlights Thanks to madonnalicious):

On her biggest hits:
'I've never been a good judge of what things are going to be huge or not. The songs that I think are the most retarded songs I've written, like 'Cherish' and 'Sorry', a pretty big hit off my last album, end up being the biggest hits. 'Into the Groove' is another song I feel retarded singing, but everybody seems to like it.'


On Lady GaGa:
'I see myself in Lady Gaga. When I saw her, she didnt have a lot of money for her production. She's got holes in her fishnets, and there's mistakes everywhere. It was kind of a mess, but I can see that she has that IT Factor. It's nice to see that at a raw stage.'


On Justin Timberlake:
'Justin is a brilliant songwriter. I mean, 'What Goes Around....Comes Around?' Brilliant. I thought it would be a challenge to work with him. He's sort of a Cary Grant. I love him. I love working with him.'


On who's turned her down:
'I wanted to work with Eminem. I don't think he wanted to work with me. Maybe he's shy.'


On her 80's hairstyles & looks:
'It's ok. It was the 80's. It was a bad haristyle era. Let's face it.'


On growing up:
'I was a geek in high school. I didn't really have a drink until my first divorce.'

The biggest challenge of her career?:
'Working on Evita. It's a whole different singing sensibility. I had to seriously work with a vocal coach.'


On the first 3 concerts she saw:
'My first show was David Bowie. My second show was Elton John. And my third was Bob Marley! Not bad, right?'

No comments: