Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Asylum by Christopher Payne



This beautiful series of photos by Christopher Payne is called Asylum and was shot in several deserted State Hospitals across the US. We all know them from horror-movies, but there was a time when mental patients were locked in these hospitals and who knows what has happened there. I love the beauty of these photos but they also give me the shivers. Stunning work! Check out much more of Christopher's work at his website.















5 comments:

J@v@JuNKo said...

that staircase is stunning! Such beauty from such craziness!!

daan said...

Being crazy was indeed rewarded with loads of beauty!

Schweigsame said...

I could do so many things with that staircase.

Yes, once upon a time people were locked up in such places. Now there often is no place for them to go at all, so they wander, homeless and uncared for, in the streets. I really don't see that as "progress."

daan said...

Luckily that's not the case in The Netherlands. We take good care of our crazy people. Look at me! Crazy as hell and I have a roof over my head!

Ansgar said...

Strong series!