Thursday, December 23, 2010

Minimalist Effect in the Maximalist Market



Antrepo posted this series of well-known brands and stripped them in 2 steps. On the left you see the original package, in the middle the simple variation and on the right the completely stripped variation.

I must admit that some products look much better when totally stripped. Red Bull, Schweppes and Nutella really look more appealing to me. While the cornflakes and the Nesquik look absolutely worse. I think it mainly has to do with the font. If the font is well chosen it should easily do the job on its own. Or maybe it's my desire for minimalist things.













5 comments:

ennalegov said...

Stumbled upon this nice project as well! Wasn't able to copy all of them :-(. How did you do it?! Marvelous brother

daan said...

Oh, just by being awesome and very goodlooking. I'll teach you some day!

ennalegov said...

Yes, please teach me how to come across awesome and very good looking!

Anonymous said...

Since I know you are a perfectionist and a man of details....just wanna let you know your text needs a little correction("On the right you see the original package"????)!
I know right/left is difficult for some people!!

Don't wanna be an ant fucker though.....

TRN

daan said...

Thanks Mr. Ant Fucker! I had that whole left/right problem as well when I was having driving-lessons.... very confusing!

Thanks for the correction, changed it from right to left!