Saturday, February 25, 2012

Childhood Nightmares



Marcel Meyer created these haunting cinemagraph set called My Favourite Childhood Nightmares. Subtle movement in every photograph makes these pictures come alive (images via My Modern Metropolis).

"It is a very personal project," he says, "all the images are inspired by dreams I had as a little child."

"It not only deals with fears and dreams, the unconscious or the childhood, it is also an attempt to combine two traditional types of media and create something completely new. My work settles somewhere between the traditional still photography and the moving image – it is no longer just photography and not yet a movie. What emerges is an entirely new form of storytelling."








1 comment:

J@v@JuNKo said...

Cool! I'm Gunna light my oven on fire too!!