Monday, April 14, 2008

Gay Cemetery



As you might or may or may not have heard, Denmark is the first country in the world with a cemetery for gay people. Without much protest some people created their own special place to spend those days (weeks? years? eternity?) after life.

As a person who doesn't like to join all those gay things in life you can imagine how I feel about spending my afterlife between all those gays. I don't like gay bars, gay clubs, gay holidayresorts, gay skiweeks, gay petstores and gay hairdressers. I wouldn't know exactly if I really dislike that last one, because I don't go to hairdressers.

My point is that I don't like segregation. I understand that some people might feel more freely in a totally gay environment, but I still think it's not good for acceptation. I also never felt the need to be in an exclusively gay environment. There are too many great straight people to exclude.

Only good part about this cemetery is that you have the opportunity to spend your afterlife next to Hans Christian Andersen, one of the best writers of the 19th century.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't say that being buried in a gay-grave adds any surplus to being accepted, but otherwise I agree with your post completely. I for one only let heterosexual women touch my hair, in fear of the gay mafia which is after my lush couffure ;-)