Monday, April 14, 2008

Keep it Together




Living in a relationship for almost 15 years now I wanna write something about how to handle being together all the time.


I sometimes read people's opinions about being in a longterm relationship saying you should both have your own life as well. I myself am one of them, I urge people to do things on their own. But what am I doing? I must admit that Peter and I spend most time that we are off together. From fridaynight till mondaymorning we act like siamese twins. Also our evenings on weekdays we spend together, both behind our computers or on bed watching television.


Unhealthy? Maybe, but we both enjoy it.

Peter works a lot abroad, so on the days he's not in the Netherlands I spend time with other people. But last weekend Peter had a social meeting without me and I have to say that rarely happens. I encourage him to do so, but I also understand he works a lot and loves to relax in the weekends (happens to be with me, I don't complain).


Conclusion: I really think it's good to do things apart from each other but never in a forced way. Find your own needs and act to them.

No comments: