Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Hard Candy 12 x 30 seconds



I just heard 30 seconds of every song from Madonna's upcoming album Hard Candy. Time for a first review and my impressions of these snippets.

1. Candy Shop
Good as an opener for the album. Every album comes with a theme, a look and this song sounds like going with that theme. Not a strong song, just to get you in the mood.

2. 4 Minutes
A grower, so it seemed. Liking this song a lot at the moment. Nothing new here.

3. Give It To Me
Oldskool Madonna with a Timberlake sound to it. Energetic and an atmosphere shouting out dance to me! Think I am gonna like this one!

4. Heartbeat
Love the voice! This song seems to start with the sound of an actual heartbeat. Love her singing "the only one".

5. Miles Away
Sounds like a William Orbit track. Like it, easy on the ears and midtempo. Think it's gonna be a pretty song with a nice recognizable theme to it.

6. She's Not Me
This reminds me of Supernatural. The way she sings this song is in the same voice. I liked that song and with the bells in background I think I am gonna like this one as well... maybe in combination with "Ring My Bell" at the concerts later this year? This could be a favourite like Push was my favourite Confessions track.

7. Incredible
The longest track on the album. Don't really like it in this 30 seconds. But we'll see.

8. Beat Goes On
I have a track named the same since last summer, but it sounds very different. I think it's an improvement, sounds much clearer.

9. Dance 2Night
Again oldskool Madonna with a Timberlake sound. Exactly what the description was for the whole album. This track is what I expected all the tracks would sound like.

10. Spanish Lesson
Great voice and music. The talking part is a bit like "Where Life Begins" from Erotica. Also "Rescue Me" comes to mind. I am very curious about the real spanish lessons in this song.

11. Devil Wouldn't Recognize You
Great ballad-like song, beautiful voice and interesting title. Love her deeper voice and that's just what I got on this track.

12. Voices
Wow, sounds beautiful. Great way of using her voice and I think it's a good closer.

No comments: