Friday, December 12, 2008

Catherine!


Today your cd will finally be released in The Netherlands! You singing 24 years of Les Rita Mitsouko and lots of other stuff. You performing live at La Cigale (thank you for including a dvd of the full concert!).

But this will be the end of 24 years of Les Rita Mitsouko. Starting in the late 70's, releasing your first album in 1984 and surprising us every few years with a new album till late 2007 when Fred Chichin, your partner in crime, husband and father of your children died.
I discovered you in 1990 at an exhibition about videoclips in Groningen and have been following you since then. I feel glad that I saw your performance together in Cologne. A beatutiful evening!

I really appreciated the fact you finished the tour you started together with Fred on your own and I think it might have made the pain of losing him a little less hard. But the release of this cd/dvd feels like the end of an era. Luckily you're not tired of making music so I am really looking forward to future solo-projects and new collaborations!


2 comments:

The Pansy Bastard™ said...

I love it! I have no idea what she's singing but I love it!

daan said...

She's singing about having a date with herself.