Saturday, April 18, 2009

De-Construction


(picture source: Matthew Rettenmund)

This freaked me out! Rupert Everett was always that goodlooking, mature, self-confident british man who looked better every year he got older. Look what he did to himself! Why the hell would he change his face so much that he doesn't look like himself anymore? Washing away the grey, lifting his whole face in a ridiculous way.

That scares me. I am totally in favour of aging. Not afraid to age myself, so I was always glad people like Rupert had the same. But this makes me think. Will there be a day that I might do something like this as well? Is this how your brain works when you're in your 50's? I hope I will never reach that point in life where I am not happy with myself. I really do.



Luckily my nerdy self and me are constructing instead of deconstructing. My Rollercoaster Tycoon park had a nice big building with only a silly swan-ride in it. The building was worth much more, so I transformed it a bit, extended the facade and built a Log-ride in and around it. Now that's much more positive constructing (and a much bigger "who-cares factor" as well).

4 comments:

tyeti said...

I couldn't agree with you more, about R. Everett. He now has to come up with a new name as well, I should think. Although the photo of his "fresh" face might be a bit misleading too? That's sad in a way. I am about to reach fifty soon myself and I certainly hope I won't be caught up by the "post-mid-life-lifting-crisis"... In fact, I'm very happy with my fat old face.
And congratulations on your new building! Let me get my swimsuit...

The Pansy Bastard™ said...

What the fuck did he do to himself? I USED to think he was hot. He has just been added to the Michael Jackson category!

The Pansy Bastard™ said...

And your park is just awesome!

rp said...

* What the Pansy Bastard said (both posts). :-)