Friday, June 26, 2009

People always told me be careful of what you do



Michael Jackson died (You heard that too??). I read it on Facebook last night and I was not even surprised. It didn't had the Diana-effect on me, which I found a bit strange. An icon dying should be more thrilling than this.

I was a Michael Jackson fan in the 80's. Loved the video for Thriller and still find Smooth Criminal a great song. Hell, I even owned a Michal Jackson doll with his red leather outfit!
But after seeing Moonwalker my adoration faded and it went downhill with both him and my love for him. But I won't forget the big influence he had on music and even more video's. He made the musicvideo what it is today, along with Madonna ofcourse. Small movies, which costed a lot money and were a feast on the eyes.

And ofcourse he had a great influence on pop-culture. He inspired Andy Warhol (above) and Jeff Koons (below) and he has always reminded an icon, even if he didn't make any music in the last couple of years. He became an icon of crazyness, madness, scandals and weirdness. And that's how I will remember him. A weird person with a troubled youth who had therapy in public. Poor bastard...

1 comment:

The Pansy Bastard™ said...

I really think you summed it up quite well. That's basically how I feel. :)