Sunday, September 27, 2009

When I Was a Boy



When I was a boy I liked to build miniature houses. Oh wait, did I say I was a boy? 'Cause I wasn't..... I was a girl.... Anyway. My favourite house was the one above. A swiss house from Graubünden. I knew it was modelled after a house that really exists, but I only knew the name of the village and since it was a very small village it wasn't on any of my maps (this was decades before Google maps and even years before the internet).

At last, somewhere in the 90's we found this village named Grevasalvas. And when we went there I fell in love with it. The house was really there, high up in the mountains. It kind of felt like coming home. Years later I found out that one of the Heidi movies from the 70's has been filmed there. No wonder, on a location as pure and simple like that!

No comments: