Wednesday, December 2, 2009

On The Cover of a Magazine



An iconic Madonna pose from The Immaculate Collection photo session graces the cover of issue 58 of Stern Fotografie Portfolio, out in March next year. The Stern Portfolio series is a fantastic collection of photographic monographies - now published in hardback a few times a year and focusing on the greatest photographers of our time.

Madonna was already featured on this big sized, high quality publication in their issue devoted to Bettina Rheims in 1999 - also appearing on the cover - and more recently in the Steven Klein issue. An announcement about the next installment in the series states that this new Stern Fotografie volume "features the best - some unpublished - portraits of those whom Herb Ritts immortalized." (source: madonnatribe)

2 comments:

J@v@JuNKo said...

LOVE that photo session!!! It was so fun to admire! I have the Royal Box set with all the cards, i should frame them on the wall....I'd like to get another copy of "SEX" so i can frame some of those pics too..I miss the young fun Madonna lol....

daan said...

Still my 2nd favourite photoshoot! But I am glad I never ripped the pages out of the Blond Ambition tourbook! Still intact, as well as Notorious by Herb Ritts.

I do have an extra copy of SEX... still sealed, waiting to be opened one day...