Monday, November 3, 2008

Guest-Entry: The US Elections

Last weekend I posted that I don't know any McCain voters. I got a comment by Kevin from Simple Answers to Complex Questions that he already voted and he voted republican. I was really curious about his thoughts on this and I was glad he offered to do a guest-entry on The Zephyr-Files. So here you go, Kevin.


I am a gay man who is too old to be young and too young too be old. I am a permanent absentee voter here in California. I live in Los Angeles and believe it is one of the best cities in the world. I voted this year for McCain and Palin. I have had some people ask me incredulously "WHY". My initial response is that it is my right to vote for who ever I want. I don't care how other people feel about their voting rights, just my own.

I did not come to this decision without a great deal of thought. I am a registered Independent voter here in California so I had the choice to vote it the primary election as either a Republican or Democrat. I chose to vote for a Democrat. In the primary I vote for Obama. I feel that the Clinton's are criminals and have used the political system to gain wealth and fame at the expense of the citizens of this country. Their history is on record. Impeachment is not to be taken lightly. I voted in the primary against the Clintons. To that end goes my belief that I detest lies and mendacity in any politician. Which means really I detest them all.

That being said, the best determination of future behavior is past behavior. John McCain has a long record that I can look at and say he did good here and maybe not so good there. No so for Obama. He is a liberal junior Senator. What I do know about his past behavior is this. He is a liar about his past associations. He lied about public campaign funding. He never was in the service. I have a lot of respect for any individual who signs up for military duty. I trust a man who fights for his nation.

As for the much aligned Sarah Palin I had this recent conversation at a trendy Hollywood spot the other day. I said, "Sarah Palin reminds me of my Mom" ( I have four brothers). My friend responded, "Sarah Palin is not friendly to gays." I said, "Neither is my mom." However I grew up watching my mother be a strong individual and teaching me that I have the right to be the best I can be. I believe Sarah Palin is cut from that same cloth. A strong American women/mother and she may not like gays but I bet she likes me. I also believe that Sarah Palin, unlike the Clintons, is not a Washington insider and will do what is best for the average American. One of which I am. I would love to see the day when any American can run for president without the bullshit of Washington politics or the influence of lobbyists. I believe my decision should invoke no anger or hatred.

Dolly Parton said she would never run for office because we don't need another two boobs in office. I say we don't need two dicks in office.

2 comments:

Ratpetoetje said...

It's not my intention to offend you, but thank god you live in California and not in a swing state!

Anonymous said...

WHAT AN EXTREMELY SIMPLE AND NAVIE VIEW ON HOW TO RUN THE GOVERNMENT. a TRUE AND THROUGH BUSH ADDICT IF THERE EVER WAS ONE.