Sunday, November 2, 2008

Weekends that Cream my Pants



Oh what a nice weekend I had! Last friday Peter picked up our dear, dear german/swiss/persian friend from the airport and drove home. We had dinner together and a nice evening catching up with drinks and talk. At 0.00h we celebrated my birthday. Besides kisses I got Antidote by Victor & Rolf from Peter and a really great giftback from Parand. I think he was a bit overwhelmed how happy I was with the items in the bag. The best item is a little square empty book with the logo of his airline on it. Hell, everything Swiss makes me cream my pants!

The next morning we went out for part II of Peter's present. He got me a one year subscription to our local zoo. Really good gift! Then right back home to receive all 6 parents and I got spoiled again. My mom forgot she already gave us a new tent for my birthday and brought another gift. My parents in law forgot their present from home, so they made a stop at the ATM on their way from the trainstation to our house. My dad gave me a really cool swiss army knive with a 8GB USB function. Sweeet! As you can see on top the cats loved the wrapping more than the presents. They played all day and night with it (thanks for the beautiful shot Parand!).

In the evening we went out for dinner with a bunch of friends in Otterlo. Hunting season started some weeks ago, so we went WILD on our food. Again lots of presents.... all dvd's this time. Got the 9th season of Roseanne (series completed) the 11th of The Simpsons, the 1st of 30 Rock (LOVING IT!) and two dutch series. Oh, and a very nice oil lamp my sister bought in Kopenhagen. Food was great, company perfect and I won the bet on our way back (and so did everyone else).

The sunday was a lazy sunday. We slept in, spent sometime in the city without buying anything and later on we dropped Parand off at the airport again for his trip back to Zürich.

Now we're closing the weekend with gin-tonics and iTunes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and I won the bet on our way back (and so did everyone else).


;-))))))

Anonymous said...

that indeed sounds like an incredible weekend. And indeed it is a great season ticket for Burgers. You've got some great giftgivers surrounding you.