Monday, December 7, 2009

Dag Sinterklaasje



Okay, I've been nagging to some of you guys about putting their christmas tree up so early in the last few weeks. That is mainly because we have this other tradition in The Netherlands called Sinterklaas. This tradition is more and more overshadowed by that american tradition called Christmas, so I just don't like people having christmas decorations before Sinterklaas left the country, which is today.

So go ahead, decorate your homes, your stockings, your gardens. The almighty Zephyr allows you! And if I had a christmastree myself it would probably look like this beautiful animation above by dvdp.

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

Sinterklaas decided to pass me by this year in the gift-department, and thus I felt no need to wait for him to leave the country either. So I put up my Christmas tree last Friday :P

daan said...

That's such a lame excuse Yvonne! You bad, bad Northbrabander!

Lez Hard said...

I use to buy my christmas tree à la saint-Nicolas .
....

Donnie said...

I can't stop staring at that thing...it's magical.

daan said...

Donnie, please stop staring at my thing!