Friday, October 15, 2010

Jamie Salmon


These are two works by Jamie Salmon. Two sculptures to be exactly. Jamie is one of the best hyper-realist sculptors in my opinion, as these two masterpieces prove. The most stunning to me is the fact that these are larger than regular human beings, but not too large. They're large enough to amaze you.





The sculptures are made out of silicone, pigment, fiberglass, acrylic and hair. This sculpture is called "Desolation" and you can see how it was made by clicking here.






3 comments:

J@v@JuNKo said...

I"m always so amazed at his talent! It's kinda freaky how real his works all look! I'd totally love one of Tom Hardy for my bedroom....for artistic reasons....yah....

daan said...

I can make you one out of paper mache for your upcoming birthday if you want.

BosGuy said...

Damn - that is really engaging and a bit freaky.