Friday, November 12, 2010

Matthias Heiderich - Berlin


Another post inspired by a befriended blogger. Eran, my Israelian friend, aka Shutter Self, spent his vacation last month in several European cities. He did some great updates on his blog, but my only comment about his series about Berlin was that there were so many indoor pictures that could have be taken anywhere in Europe (and beyond). He promised me he will do another post with pictures he took outside.

Ironically I came across this series of photos today. Photographer Matthias Heiderich captured the outsides of Berlin, but even then, it doesn't look like Berlin like we all know it. So this series proves that you can do beautiful shoots in cities without them looking like those cities. It's such a different approach than my own. I always try to capture the stereotypical atmosphere of a particular city, which is not nessecary at all.








No comments: