Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Best TV 2008

I didn't watch that much tv in 2008. Normally there are always a few shows that I follow on a weekly base, but somehow I didn't this year. So most of what I saw this year was on dvd. Here are my favourites.

#one: 30Rock

Really good comedy! Original and fresh like Ally McBeal used to be in the 90's. Only this one is much more fun and clever. Tina Fey is an amazing woman for creating this show and I really like to see Alec Baldwin continue the role he had on Will & Grace. The characters seem very similar to me at least. I've only seen the first season so far, but the second will be released on dvd in february of this year.



#two: Samantha Who?

This is the only show I weekly followed on tv. First few episodes I watched with Jennifer Aniston in mind. Christina Applegate really reminded me of her. But that faded and I really got attached to this show. I like shows with funny characters. And the good thng about Samantha Who? is that all the characters are funny. Even the smaller parts have great lines. Jean Smart, who plays the mother really deserves a big fat Emmy!



#three: Oz

I watched parts of seasons in the past. Oz was broadcasted late at night here and they changed days and times a lot. Last year I watched all the seasons episode by episode and it's really a very good show. A lot of blood, a lot of naked Christopher Maloni (Yummy!) and a lot of frustration because of the claustrophobic atmosphere of being locked down. Definately a show I am gonna watch again in the near future.

2 comments:

The Pansy Bastard™ said...

Sadly, I've never watched 30 Rock but I hear it is just hilarious, and I do love Tina Fey.

I've not watched Samantho Who, either, but Christina Applegate is so underrated here, in my opinion. And Jean Smart is amazing, even though I still see her as the naïve Charlene on DW.

The Pansy Bastard™ said...

WTH? I wasn't finished with my last comment! Anyway, Oz was awesome, although I'm a tad weary of blood, I still watched faithfully. Plenty of hot men. Rito Moreno was one of my favorites, too.